What is Beta Club?
Beta Club is a national honor-service organization. Students interested in becoming involved in their school and wanting to help their community should join. The club usually has one service project per semester to complete, and each individual must complete 50 hours of community service on his/her own per year. One-time national dues (upon induction) are $15, and yearly local dues are $20.
Why join Beta Club?
All Beta Club members are invited to attend the Texas State Beta Club Convention, this year in Dallas. Betas may compete in various academic, arts, and speaking competitions, as well as run for state office. Also, eligible members may qualify for scholarships. The National Beta Club Scholarship Program offers over $250,000 in scholarships to outstanding Beta Club members in their senior year. Over 200 scholarships are awarded each year. They range in value from $1,000 to $15,000.
Who may join Beta Club?
Any student in good standing with a 3.0 GPA or better may join Beta Club. Freshman can join as probationary members until their 1st GPA score is determined in December. The Induction Ceremony is held in September. If you are interested in joining Beta Club, you must attend the first monthly meeting on Tuesday, August 30th at 6:00 pm in the Lecture Hall. You must bring proof of your GPA – last year’s final grades.
Sponsor Stephanie Bristol (972) 924-1100; email@example.com
Asst. Sponsor Ana Gonzalez (972) 924-1100 firstname.lastname@example.org
This year will be using Remind and Schoology to communicate and track attendance/hours. We will set up your Schoology account at our first meeting. if you can't make this meeting, please see Mrs. Bristol in A122 before or after school to get signed up. To sign up for Remind, simply text @annahsbeta to 81010.
Current Beta Club Members:
- The first mandatory monthly meeting is Tuesday, August 30th at 6:00 pm in the Lecture Hall. If you do not attend, you will be dropped from the roster and then must reapply.
- All monthly meetings are mandatory and will be held on the following dates:
Tuesday, October 4th at 6:30pm
Tuesday, November 8th at 6:30pm
Tuesday, December 6th at 6:30pm
Monday, January 9th at 5:30pm
Monday, February 6th at 6:30pm
Monday, April 3rd at 6:30pm
Tuesday, May 9th at 6:30pm
- You must make arrangements to be at ALL meetings.
- Local dues ($20) must be paid by the October meeting. For new members, your dues are $35 to include the local and state dues. You will receive 10 club points for paying dues early and 5 points for paying dues on time.
Current Service Opportunities:
- There are a number of local opportunities to gain your needed service hours. Please see Mrs. Bristol in room A122 if you are interested.