The Anna High School Collegiate Academy will allow high school students to integrate dual credit classes into their schedules and provides full-time Collin College professors and college and career counselors in the high schools. This academy will enable high school students to earn an Associate of Arts (AA) degree or an Associate of Science (AS) degree.
Possible fields of study include:
- General Studies (AS or AA)
- Electrocardiograph Technician - EKG (AS)
- Animal Science (AS)
- Nursing Science - CNA (AS)
- Accounting Support (AA)
- Medical Therapy - Rehab Aide (AS)
- Business Management (AA)
- Emergency Services - EMT (AS)
- Real Estate (AA)
- Criminal Justice (AA)
- Web Development (AA)
- Pre-Cyber Security (AA)
- Programming & Software Development (AS)
Students that wish to pursue a degree through this academy apply in the 8th grade and make a commitment to continue in the program throughout high school.
The following requirements must be met for an Associate of Arts (AA) Degree:
- Earn a minimum of 60 college-level credit hours
- Earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Complete the general education core curriculum of 42 credit hours
- Complete a minimum of 18 additional credit hours of degree requirements and electives that are specified to each specific field of study
- Earn a minimum of 18 credit hours at Collin College
In order to earn an Associate of Science (AS) Degree, all requirements for an AA (listed above) must be met and students must meet the mathematics and science degree requirements for an AS degree:
- Complete at least six credit hours of mathematics from the AS Math course options. Three credit hours of these mathematics will also meet the mathematics core requirement.
- Complete at least eight credit hours of natural science from the AS Science course options. A two-course sequence is recommended. These science courses will meet the Natural Science core requirement.
All students will be placed in the General Studies AA/AS program but may choose to earn an AA or AS in one of the career and technology (CTE) areas of study.